idaho state university animal care facility
what happens here?
the animal facility is the location for maintaining non-human research subjects in a clean, disease-free and continuously managed environment.
at isu, animal care
- needs are met and exceeded–physical, social and psychological
- occurs on an individual basis to optimize their health and welfare
- standards and practice are improved through assessment and revision
the facility is
- available to investigators who have completed, and had approved, an Animal Use & Care Protocol form
- staffed by full-time isu personnel prepared to
- answer questions or concerns about animal care
- help you gain access to the facility
- handle your research animal order form for animals for a per diem rate fee
the animal facilities manager (afm) is
- responsible for the day-to-day management of the animal care facility and its staff
- your primary point of contact for the facility
contact the afm at email@example.com or (208) 282-3895.
complete your request for animal purchases with a research animal order form .
we provide customer service with
- open lines of communication with the investigator and assistants to resolve issues
- prompt response to the needs of the investigator and educators.
we support quality academic and research environment by
- assisting investigators through knowledgeable staff
- assisting investigators to balance their research parameters with the requirements of the
- office of laboratory animal welfare at nih, as published in the guide for the care and use of laboratory animals
- animal welfare act (through the usda animal care blue book)